Monday, April 23, 2012

Process

Since our son arrived a little over a month ago, I haven't had a chance to step into my art studio too much. Actually, I have had a few free moments where I could have been creative, but snuggling that little bundle of love won out! However I realized while he was snoozing one afternoon that, in addition to squeezing him to bits, my soul also needs art and creativity. I know this. I always know this. But sometimes I just need to remind myself.
 That particular afternoon was spent in "process"...no particular plan or direction. Just getting colors, lines, shapes, thoughts on paper...and awaiting the end result. I started with a gray-scale topographical map scrap and colored in some squares with colored-pencils.  
 I found a new favorite material: used dryer sheets from Seventh Generation. They're almost like a brown wax paper with a perforated surface. They crinkle and wrinkle in a lovely manner and leave a great texture to work on, when flattened.  I layered on paints, water color pastels, rubber stamps and writing. A little random stitching here and there, and I was pleased with that process session.
Different shots of the layers and textures I created. 
Everything goes into one of my many visual journals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment