Monday, July 30, 2012

Backyard, Central Massachusets

Visiting family in Massachusetts, enjoying the temperate days and cool evenings, wandering through the backyard and enjoying the details.
 I just love the symmetry, and the layers of patina accumulated over the years.  Apparently a family of woodchucks makes their home beneath the shed; I saw a baby yesterday :)
Weathered hardware details = good stuff
Rusty details of the cellar door.
Growing up in Southern California, where we had attics, basements were always a huge novelty and mystery to me. The somewhat musty smell of my Grandmother's basement in Missouri is a olfactory memory that I hold dear from my childhood. I suspect it has greatly contributed to my love of antique shops filled to the brim with stuff...same smell. This basement talk brings me to cellars; are they even the same thing?  Cellars make me think of creaking, creepy doors that open wide to open a path to the depths and darkness below. Cellars also make me think of wine. We'll go with that.
Sunset reflection and some siding with serious character. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment