Monday, July 30, 2012

You inspire me: circles, pattern and color

 My eye can't help but constantly be on the lookout for patterns, colors, and inspiration. I do this all the time in my familiar settings, but put me somewhere new, in this case, visiting family in Massachusetts, and it's a whole new world of, what I like to call, visual yum.
 
 This delicious detail is a decorative plate from Turkey that hangs in Yaya's kitchen.
For the past several weeks, at home in Chicago, I've walked by a coiled up garden hose (in the best shade of blue!)  Every time I see it, i want to take a photo; I am usually on my way to or from the store with my arms and hands loaded up with stuff, camera tucked somewhere inaccessible. But today, when I saw this lovely coiled up orange hose, I was already on a photography adventure. Now I just need to go back home and get a shot of my favorite blue garden hose.
Cascading, concentric circles of crystal. What more is there to say, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment